Slider

william NolanNolan O’Rourke was established in 1920 by William Bernard Nolan, and is still third generation family owned. The company had its beginnings importing Motor Body Parts and Accessories. Over the years, Nolan O’Rourke diversified first into upholstery & furnishing supplies, and then into the Industrial textile and Contract & Commercial market sectors.

Nolan O’Rourke Company History

  • Branches quickly established throughout Australia and New York. William J. O’Rourke joins the firm.
    1922
  • The Great Depression leads to closure of all branches except Sydney and Adelaide.
    1930
  • The Sydney branch relocates to Foveaux Street near central railway.
    1957
  • Fire destroys the Adelaide branch and a new warehouse re‐built on the Wyatt Street site.
    1963
  • Our head office moves to a 2650sq metre warehouse in Alexandria.
    1978
  • The Sydney head office moves to new premises in Alexandria.
    2002
  • The Newcastle branch relocates to a 954sqm warehouse in Lambton.
    2006
  • 1922

    Branches quickly established throughout Australia and New York. William J. O’Rourke joins the firm.

  • 1930

    The Great Depression leads to closure of all branches except Sydney and Adelaide.

  • 1957

    The Sydney branch relocates to Foveaux Street near central railway.

  • 1963

    Fire destroys the Adelaide branch and a new warehouse re‐built on the Wyatt Street site.

  • 1978

    Our head office moves to a 2650sq metre warehouse in Alexandria.

  • 2002

    The Sydney head office moves to new premises in Alexandria.

  • 2006

    The Newcastle branch relocates to a 954sqm warehouse in Lambton.

logo_nolanudaNolan UDA Company History
logo_UDAUDA Company History
Product added successfully
0